Sonntag Sports Management is pleased to provide the Free Baseball Drill Program to amateur Baseball coaches
These baseball activity cards will be an invaluable resource for you planning your practices. Each activity is designed to help young athletes improve their baseball skills and athletic literacy, making the game of baseball more enjoyable. Links to the left load up the full series of activity cards. These cards have been developed through work of a Long Term Athlete Development program.
You can upload your own recommended baseball drills here including a picture or diagram and a written description.
- Have 2 players with helmets and a bat positioned ready to hit.
- Use the players gloves as the plate
- The two hitters should be 10 yards apart.
- The coach will have a bucket of wiffles or tennis balls.
- The coach will throw a ball to hitter 1 and then to hitter 2.
- Players behind the coach will field the ball and place it in the bucket near the coach who is tossing the ball to the players.
- Once each hitter has hit the ball 10 times rotate the players.
- This method of batting practice will allow players to receive more reps.